Last Updated: 02 September 2013
DISCLAIMER: Titles posted on this blog are posted with the permission of the author and/or publisher. Submissions should be received from the author, the author’s representative (author MUST be CC’d on the submission email) or the publisher. All others will be deleted.
NOTE #2: Authors, occasionally I send out emails notifying of events on the blog (contests and such) and promotional opportunities at other venues. If you do not want to receive these emails, then please let me know so I can remove you from my mailing list.
- Title MUST be available for PURCHASE at the time of submission, not pre-order, not coming soon, not out tomorrow/in two days/etc. Titles submitted before they release will be deleted.
- This blog is a promotion tool for ROMANCE. All titles MUST have an HEA (happily-ever-after) or HFN (happily-for-now) ending.
- Self-published titles are welcome.
- ALL romance sub-genres are welcome — any heat level or relationship type.
- No YA due to mature content of other posts. Please refer to YA/teen-lit blog: http://ya-teen.drb1stchp.com.
- Fiction with strong romantic elements are welcome so long as they meet the HEA/HFN guideline.
- Age of the book doesn’t matter so long as it is CURRENTLY available for purchase.
- Titles no longer available for purchase (for whatever reason) will be removed without notification.
- No titles with standard (as agreed upon by majority of publishers) objectionable content:
- Racial, religious, gender, sexual intolerance
- Bestiality (sentient animals is the exception)
- Incest (that includes twin-cest)
- Bodily Functions
- Necrophilia (zombie romance is the exception)
- Rape as titillation
- Submit the ENTIRE first chapter or nothing at all.
- Exception: Blog tour partners
- Exception: titles with no chapters — submit the first scene (minimum 1000 words).
- First come, first served opportunity. Your link and date will be emailed to you when your post is scheduled.
- Posts appear at 1:30AM ET.
- Blog-hosted contests last 72 hours from 1:30AM ET the day of the post until 1:29AM ET the third day. Entries are not guaranteed and dependent on author promotion.
- Only one title is posted each day, except in the case of Publisher Days (PubDays) or Author Days (see below for definition of both).
- Do NOT schedule ahead a coming soon title. Title must be available for purchase on the day you submit it or the email will be deleted.
- Absolutely NO Sundays. Those are publisher days.
- Schedule as far in advance as you want so long as you are not in violation of the first bullet.
- Dates are first come, first served.
- Check the Coming Soon page for open days. “TBA” or no date listed means the day is open.
- Follow ALL submissions guidelines, except your subject line will be “1st Chp – [Requesting Date] – [Book Title]” (example: 1st Chp – May 20 – Serenity). “Requesting Date” refers to the date you want your post to appear.
- Information for your post needs to be submitted at least ONE WEEK prior to your posting date.
Have a large backlist? Submit three (3) to four (4) titles at a time (one title per email using the below guidelines) and you will get an author day. All three/four posts will appear in one day. Similar to a PubDay, your covers will appear in the sidebar for at least a week.
- Author Day subject line is “AD 1st Chp – [Book Title]“
- Author Days can be scheduled in advance. Make sure to use the correct subject line — “AD 1st Chp – [Requesting Date] – [Book Title]” (example: AD 1st Chp – May 20 – Serenity)
- Information for your post needs to be submitted at least ONE WEEK prior to your posting date if you choose to use the scheduling option.
- No more than ONE Author Day will be scheduled per week.
Blog is now open to host ONE more publisher spotlight.
- Scheduled in blocks of four — four weeks, one day a week.
- 3-4 titles appear in each PubDay.
- Titles must be submitted at least one week prior.
- Information for posts needs to come from ONE representative in ONE email with the required information attached in RTF files, one title per RTF file.
- All information listed below in the “How to Submit” section is needed and required. The only exception being the author’s URL/Twitter if that information is not readily available.
- Covers of titles appear in the sidebar for a week. As well, posts appear on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook.
- Missing two dates (non-consecutive) without a week’s prior notification will cancel publisher’s spotlight.
1stChp – [Book Title]
(example: 1stChp – Serenity)
1stChp: [date] – [Book Title]
(example: 1stChp: 23 Aug – Serenity)
AD1stChp – [Book Title]
(example: AD1stChp – Serenity)
AD1stChp: [date] – [Book Title]
(example: AD1st: 23 Aug – Serenity)
Note #1: Choose to post Prologue or Chapter One. You cannot do both. If you include both, only one will be posted.
Note #2: Do NOT attach cover.
(Optional) Include a Contest:
- Contests run for 72 hours (3 days)
- Entries are not guaranteed and dependent on author promotion.
- Author chooses winner(s)
- Author delivers prize(s)
- Author announces winner in the comments section of post
- Include below form with your submission.
Note #1: Q&A contests work better with a generic question. The answer for excerpt questions can be copied from previous answers.
Note #2: Contests will NOT redirect to an offsite entry form.
Note #3: Authors who fail to choose a winner and/or deliver the prize will no longer be allowed to hold contests on this site.